Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Final Paper Proposal


For my final paper, I plan to compare the perceptions of society and the perceived male dominated gaming community pertaining to female computer gamers as opposed to what is actual fact.  I plan on reading articles that talk about what the stereotype for girls playing computer games is and compare them to studies that poll and interview girls that actually play computer games.  I will also study how the media portrays these very stereotypes concerning female gamers.  Then I will come up with a conclusion as to how close the current stereotypes are to the reality of girls that play.  I also plan on keeping this restricted to just computer games and not venture out into the world of console games as to their number of games for each different console and the ability of people to buy them.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see you tying your own interests in gaming to the scholarship from the girlhood studies field. Can't wait to read your final proposal and annotated bibliography.

    ReplyDelete